US Chess Discussion

Welcome! This blog has no connection with the USCF. It's a blog where I provide chess fans with general information about US Chess as well as the USCF. It's also a site where everyone can productively discuss or ask questions about various USCF issues! Your contributions and comments are welcome! PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL & RESPECT OTHERS! Enjoy! All posts that do not meet this guideline will be deleted -- WIN WITH GRACE, LOSE WITH DIGNITY!(TM) --- 2006 Susan Polgar©

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Unfortunate Medical Emergency


Dear friends and colleagues,

As you all know, I am absolutely determined to change the culture of chess in America for the better. As I have said many times, it will be the most difficult task of my life, even more difficult than winning World Championships and Olympic Gold medals.

Most chess politicians do not want to change their ways. They do not want to relinquish their power even if it helps chess or the USCF. Therefore, I have to work even harder to promote chess in this country and around the world in a positive light. I also have other more important duties such as raising my 2 sons.

It is not easy to wake up before 7 AM each morning to get my children ready for school, pick them up after school, help them with their homework, additional educational activities, teach them chess, prepare dinner, bathe and get them ready for bed, etc.

In the middle of the motherly duties, I also teach chess to private students and at various schools, write chess articles for many major publications, run a full time chess center, answering tons of email and messages, work on my new books, DVDs and update this blog daily. That is almost a full time job in itself.

On top of these daily tasks, I have to deal with destructive chess politicians who do not think twice about smearing my name and harming my family as well as destroying chess. I also have to deal with a psychotic ex.

My body finally gave out this morning from massive stress. I fainted and collapsed (luckily) at my doctor’s office. Ambulance had to be called and I was taken to the hospital. I spent nearly the entire day at the emergency room. The doctor had to finally do a minor operation. I am OK now. I just have to be extremely careful for the next 10 days or so. Thank God that my Mother is here visiting and she was able to help me as well as taking care of my children.

I love chess with a passion and I love my children. I will continue to give 150% of myself to make sure that my children will have normal and healthy life in spite of various problems that they have to face. I will also continue to do everything I can to help chess, especially in the United States.

I made a plea with the USCF members in the USCF forums not long ago about the same issue. Chess cannot survive with the same old pattern of dirty and destructive politics. The level of animosity and hatred between chess politicians will eventually sink our sport. I asked for civility and mutual respect. These destructive politicians did not care. Not only that they did not stop, they launched even bigger and more vicious lies and attacks.

That is why I am pleading with all of you here. If you love this game then please do your parts to help promote this game in a positive light. Please give each other the mutual respect and please put the best interest of chess first. Please do not give these inhuman politicians chances to continue to destroy our sport. We must unite for the sake of our Chess.

Thank you!
Susan Polgar
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home