US Chess Discussion

Welcome! This blog has no connection with the USCF. It's a blog where I provide chess fans with general information about US Chess as well as the USCF. It's also a site where everyone can productively discuss or ask questions about various USCF issues! Your contributions and comments are welcome! PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL & RESPECT OTHERS! Enjoy! All posts that do not meet this guideline will be deleted -- WIN WITH GRACE, LOSE WITH DIGNITY!(TM) --- 2006 Susan Polgar©

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!


Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

I received over a thousand email and messages since last night. I am very lucky to have good friends in NY, especially Jacqui and Doc Judi who were constantly on the phone checking up on me.

I was supposed to leave for Texas yesterday morning for a couple days to promote chess. I felt something was wrong before I went to the airport so I decided to go to the doctor before I go. Luckily I did! I just feel very bad to let the local kids down.

It was quite a frightening experience fainting and having to go through an emergency medical procedure. But I feel quite good and upbeat now after a good night rest. I have to go back to the hospital every two days for a checkup but I should be fine.

Thank you again for all your well wishes!

Susan Polgar
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 23, 2007 8:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Things to think about while you're resting:

    Stay in bed — it’s safer.

    Re: the USCF Forums: Anyone can be passionate. But it takes real lovers to be silly.

    If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs — it’s quite possible you haven’t grasped the situation.

    Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

    If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

    If at first you don’t succeed, swallow all evidence that you tried.

    Never go to bed mad — stay up and fight.

    You am NOT tense. Just terribly, terribly alert.

    Be yourself. Nobody is better qualified.

    Never eat more than you can lift.

    Don’t repeat gossip. So tell them to listen carefully the first time.

    If you leave us, can we come too?

     
  • At Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    More JLM bedside humor. (after watching American Idol.)
    I applied for the job of interviewer for the blog and Susan finally gave me an audition. Here’s how it went.
    --------------------

    JLM: So you’re a chess player, right?
    SP: That’s right.
    JLM: Have you been a chess player all your life?
    SP: Not yet.
    JLM: Do you have any children or anything of that kind?
    SP: Yes, I have two children.
    JLM: How many of them are boys?
    SP: Two.
    JLM: And how many of them are girls?
    SP: Huh?
    JLM: As for your youngest son, the five year old: how old is he?
    SP: Huh?
    JLM: Now about that picture on your website.
    SP: Yes, that’s me.
    JLM: Were you there when the picture was taken?
    SP: Huh?
    JLM: Now Ms. Polgar, do you believe that you are emotionally stable?
    SP: Until you showed up.

    So how did I do? Did I get the job?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home