US Chess Discussion

Welcome! This blog has no connection with the USCF. It's a blog where I provide chess fans with general information about US Chess as well as the USCF. It's also a site where everyone can productively discuss or ask questions about various USCF issues! Your contributions and comments are welcome! PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL & RESPECT OTHERS! Enjoy! All posts that do not meet this guideline will be deleted -- WIN WITH GRACE, LOSE WITH DIGNITY!(TM) --- 2006 Susan Polgar©

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Changes are needed!


This was recently posted by Dr. and NM Eric Moskow, a long time patron to chess, sponsor of the Gausdal event with GM Magnus Carlsen and IM Irina Krush.

Dr. Eric Moskow said...

I have no relationship to Susan or Paul in fact we met only once 15 years ago. I can state if she is involved I will provide at least 20,000 for at least the next few years to support chess and tournaments for developing prodigies, I would prefer the events in the Florida area but it’s not that important. Also I strongly suggest having an independent board member from the business sector call it a monitor so to speak. I am a political and feel after reading the blogs, and being frustrated having had the uscf turn down in excess of 200000 for us championship support from me in the past that a competent board that can act together without personal gain is called for. Best of luck to Susan.

Dr. Moskow is not the only one who has said this. This has been the trend of the USCF for a long time. It has been run inefficiently and in incompetent manner. This is why the USCF lost money in 9 of the last 11 years and nearly went bankrupt in 2003. This is also why we keep on losing one sponsor and supporter after another. But if anyone points out the chilling truth and offer to change, we are being accused of being negative.

The USCF has lost a lot of its energy, enthusiasm and momentum. Too much time and effort are being wasted on gossips and political tricks instead of doing positive things. A former long time employee of the USCF has tried to collect her pension for the past few years. The USCF finally issued her a partial payment of $24,000 and the check bounced twice! I have not even read one single public apology from any of our board members. What I have seen is plenty of excuses.

One of the current board members was directly named as "the" cause for losing AF4C, the biggest sponsor for the USCF. This is an organization that has invested over $1 million in US Chess. But he was not the sole reason. The real reason is that sponsor was very dissatisfied with the lack of respect, appreciation and support from the USCF for a while now. My foundation and I face the same problem with the USCF as a sponsor and supporter. University of Texas in Dallas (UTD) pulled their scholarship support to two of our most prestigious scholastic events for similar reasons. The list is long.

Instead of public apologies, more vicious attacks and insults were made against many sponsors. Mr. Frank K. Berry, a new generous sponsor who stepped in and donated $50,000 to save this year's US Championship. He was vilified as well. But they will fight and use every dirty trick in the book to maintain the status quo. They could not care less about the facts that this federation desperately needs help.

I have an impeccable reputation throughout my entire 34 years in chess. I have devoted my entire life to our game. I have given 150% of myself to help promote and enhance US Chess and the USCF. So are my running mates. Instead of helping us and providing us with opportunities to do more, lies, vicious attacks and vile threats were issued to me, my family, my running mates and their families.

Welcome to the current state of USCF politics. They have done the same to other GMs who have tried to help such as GM Max Dlugy, GM Lev Alburt, GM Seirawan, etc. They have done to countless people who tried to help.

This destructive trend will not end unless our leaders want to stop it. I have worked with and have wonderful friendships with many chess politicians from all sides. But I do not want to join any group. I do not care for chess politics. What I care about is chess and I will do everything in my power to protect the integrity of this federation. But I cannot do it alone.

That is why I asked some of the most experienced, talented, passionate and competent people to run with me so we can work together to fix this federation. Here are my reasons for recommending them:

FM Paul Truong: He is by far the most successful person in chess marketing, promotion, public relations and management. He can bring something to this federation that no one could in the past. He will also help fix many current weaknesses of the USCF and end the destructive chess politics. He can help the USCF in so many ways!

Dr. Mikhail Korenman: He has a strong record in promoting and organizing major chess events. He’s a member of the USCF Scholastic Council. He is well respected by many people, including former Russian President Mikhail Gorbachev, 7-time World Champion Anatoly Karpov, and many others. He can help unite the USCF!

NM Randy Bauer: He has had tremendous success as the budget director of the state of Iowa, dealing with a multibillion dollar budget. We need his financial and budgeting expertise to help end massive losses!

Please feel free to download and distribute this flyer. Please get the words out. This is our chance to take back control of this federation and guide it to the right direction.

No more destructive politics! No more inefficiency! No more unprofessionalism! The time for changes is now!The ballots for the election will be in your June Chess Life issue. Please be sure to vote!

Thank You for Your Support! I am looking forward to the next 4 best ever years for the USCF!
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home