US Chess Discussion

Welcome! This blog has no connection with the USCF. It's a blog where I provide chess fans with general information about US Chess as well as the USCF. It's also a site where everyone can productively discuss or ask questions about various USCF issues! Your contributions and comments are welcome! PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL & RESPECT OTHERS! Enjoy! All posts that do not meet this guideline will be deleted -- WIN WITH GRACE, LOSE WITH DIGNITY!(TM) --- 2006 Susan Polgar©

Friday, February 23, 2007

Dr. Korenman pointed out the fabrication by Mr. Sloan


Mr. Sloan,

I am honored that the USCF EB member spent time to check out my background. I really appreciate it, especially if it took some time from your busy schedule to do non-stop attacks to the chess in the US. I would be very happy if you can spend more time investigating my activities with chess and it would save more chess programs around the country from your personal involvement.

Now, I would like to help you a little and save some of your personal time. I am happy that you searched the Bethany College web site. Looks like the College got a very valuable reader. You could simply visit www.yahoo.com and type my name. Sometimes it helps to save some time. Here is one of many links proved that I was Bethany College Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Director of International Programs - http://cars.acck.edu/news/Letter/2002/02.pdf

You posted the following on the Forum:

The outrageous fabrication by Sam Sloan:
A search of the website of Bethany College in Lindsborg, Kansas will show that no such person is associated with that institution. You keep making statements that are easily proven to be false. Try to start checking your facts before posting anything.

So, your fact is not really correct. I would be waiting for your public apology. Your next comments were about the grant I received. Again, thank you very much for using your valuable time to investigate it. Hope, it saved some other chess club/program form your great investigations.

The outrageous fabrication by Sam Sloan:
It is apparently true that Mikhail Korenman received $251,000 in grant money from the State of Kansas to start the Karpov Chess School in Lindsborg Kansas. However, he spent all the money in pointless publicity stunts like bringing Gorbachov, Karpov and Polgar to Kansas to pose for pictures.


Just for your information, Mr. Sloan, that the grant was received through the KS Department of Commerce and the chess program helped to generated over $2,000,000 in economic impact to the Lindsborg community of 3,200 people. You can contact Lindsborg Chamber of Commerce directly to verify this information. Sorry, you forgot to mention it. Oh, yes, you also forgot to mention Lindsborg Open tournaments with FIDE norms and players from 20 different countries who plaid there. Not good, Mr. Sloan. Something was missing in your investigation …

The outrageous fabrication by Sam Sloan:
This alone cost more than $50,000. Eventually all the money was lost, Korenman left town and the Karpov Chess School no longer exists.


Well, how about www.anatolykarpovchessschool.org. You did not have a chance to visit this web site. See, I helped you tremendously to save some time. The Karpov chess school has never been closed. Moreover, just yesterday they announced an open position to hire a new Director. Perfect timing. I think, in English in means that you lay again. I would be waiting for your public apology. Not to me. To the Karpov chess school in Lindsborg.

Well, here is the last great statement:

The outrageous fabrication by Sam Sloan:
Then Korenman asked a group of Chicago chess organizers for funds. They gave him $800. Korenman spent their money too and still has not done any of the things he said that he was going to do with it. As a result, nobody in Chicago will give Korenman another dime.

Unfortunately, a little problem here, Mr. Sloan. I did not ask anyone for any money in Chicago. I had a signed contract to organize the event. And, it was private source who donate money for such event to cover this cost. Your source of information unfortunately was not correct again! Need to apologize, Mr. Sloan.

Regarding the statement that nobody in Chicago is given me any money. Another little problem, Mr. Sloan. I just start receiving some sponsorship money (and I contacted 2 people who knows about that) and planning to set up some chess events in South Chicago suburban’s that are not in a chess word, yet. Little problem here again! But this time, it is OK. It is just new information. You don’t need to apologize again.

Next time when you need any additional information, you are welcome to check with me. I may (!!!) try to help you. At the same time, I would be happy to give you some weekly assignments (remember, I am a teacher!) so you can spend some time with your homework. What is the name of the elementary school I went in Russia?

Hope, it would save some club/program from any of your personal attacks….

Dr. Mikhail Korenman
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:15:00 AM, Blogger Chess Daily News said…

    Mr. Sloan attempted to post more lies on this blog. His posts were deleted. He has been banned from all my blogs until he apologizes to each person that he maliciously and falsely attacked and lied about.

    Best wishes,
    Susan Polgar
    www.PolgarChess.com

     
  • At Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dr. Korenman makes some excellent points, but may I suggest a proof-reader before he submits documents of a more official nature? Susan, as always, I'm happy to help.

    daniel@ea........

     
  • At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Since you worked with Bethany College, does this imply that you are of Christian faith? I would be interested in knowing how you approach life spiritually.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who is Hal Bogner? I just read some of the craps that he posted on the uscf site. It seems to me that this guy is too political. I guess he wants Sam Sloan and his buddy Stephen Jones to win.

    Isn't Hal Bogner the guy who was sanctioned by the USCF for his disastrous performance as the chief td at the scholastic tournament in California some years ago? Wasn't he banned from running national scholastic tournaments?

    I don't think Hal Bogner also had a good breakup with ICC either. He seems to destroy everything he touches.

    Now he's moving on to another venture. No thanks!

     
  • At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Chess Daily News said…

    Let's not make it personal against Mr. Bogner. I am too disappointed in some of his remarks and I told him so. I completely disagree with him. Nevertheless, he is entitled to make them. Please show him some respect.

    Thank you!
    Susan Polgar
    www.PolgarChess.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home